Academic and professional qualifications
Artist Diploma : Curtis Institute of Music, USA (1963)
Artist Diploma : New School of Music, Philadelphia (1968)
- Concertmaster: Oklahoma City Philharmonic Orchestra (1985-1995), Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra (1992-1993), Mainly Mozart Festival, San Diego (1989-1996), New Mexico Symphony (1988-1992), Oklahoma Symphony (1985-1988), Santa Fe Opera (1977-1996), North Carolina Chamber Orchestra (1976-1985), Concerto Soloists of Philadelphia (1971-1976).
- Guest Concertmaster: Hong Kong Sinfonietta, Hong Kong Philharmonic (2004, 2005).
- Solo Performances with: Taipei Symphony Orchestra (2005), Bangkok Symphony Orchestra (2003), Hong Kong Sinfonietta (2002), Oklahoma Symphony Orchestra (1995, 1986, 1985), New Mexico Symphony Orchestra (1990, 1991).
- External Examiner: Macau Orchestra (2003, 2004), Shenzhen Symphony Orchestra (2003, 2004).
- Adjudication: ARD International Music Competition, Munich, Germany (2013), ISANGYUN Competition (2011), Global Youth Music Competition in 2010, Menuhin Competition (2008), Taiwan National Violin Competition (2004), Monte Carlo International Violin and Piano Competition (2004), Sarasate International Violin Competition (2003), Tchaikovski International Violin Competition (2002), Singapore National Violin Competition (2001).
Relevant teaching experience
- Full-time Posts: The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts (1996-present), University of Oklahoma, Assistant Professor of Violin (1985-1996), Lancaster (PA) Conservatory, Instructor of Violin, Chamber Music Coaching and Orchestra Training (1968-1975).
- Visiting Professor: Queensland Conservatorium of Music; Wuhan Conservatory, China; Bangkok Symphony Orchestra Training program, Thailand; Taipei Normal University; Taipei Furan University; Beijing Central Conservatory.
- Masterclass: Beijing Central Conservatory, Central Conservatory of Music, Shang hai, Thailand university, Shenyang, Changsha etc.
Individual instruction for Violin Majors, Strings Pedagogy, Concert Practice for Strings, String Chamber Music, Chamber Orchestra.
Other creative work
- First Violin: Hong Kong Academy String Quartet (1996-present), Premiere Performance Series, St. Louis (1988), Quartet Oklahoma (1985-1996), North Carolina Symphony String Quartet (1976-1985), New Art String Quartet (1966-1976).
- ARD International Music Competition, Munich, Germany (2013)
- ISANGYUN Competition (2011)
- Global Youth Music Competition in 2010
- Menuhin Competition (2008)
- Taiwan National Violin Competition (2004)
- Monte Carlo International Violin and Piano Competition (2004)
- Sarasate International Violin Competition (2003)
- Tchaikovski International Violin Competition (2002)
- Singapore National Violin Competition (2001)