General considerations for the Contest rounds
1. Braga Young Virtuosi’s two public rounds will be preceded by a pre-selection round in camera, based on the evaluation of the videos submitted by the candidates. A total of 12 candidates will be chosen in this pre-selection for
participate in the Contest.
2. Public rounds will consist of the Semi-Final and Final sessions. Only 6 of the 12 candidates will be admitted to participate in the Final session.
3. Public rounds and prize giving will take place in the Grand Auditorium of Altice Forum Braga.
4. In public rounds and rehearsals, candidates will perform in order established in a public draw.
5. The draw for the first round will be made at the end of the welcome session and for the second round, after the announcement of the admitted candidates.
6. All rounds, except the pre-selection process, will be open to the public.
7. During public rounds, participants will be accompanied by the Sinfonietta Orchestra of Braga.
8. Each candidate will be entitled to the same rehearsal time with the orchestra.
9. In each round, all works must be interpreted from memory, except for the J. Concerto Duplo by J. S. Bach and the melody of Fado.
17 January 2021 – Registration Deadline
1 February 2021 – Announcement of candidates selected for the Competition
7 February 2021 – Deadline for confirmation of participation.